20090408

AU NATURALE


FASHION FOR THE BIRDS - FALL/WINTER 09/10

Yesterday, I headed over to my dad's place to relax and watch some cable TV.  I just needed to get away from my own space, clear my head, maybe use the gym.  Now, my father is a nature lover.  He is an avid hiker and goes all around the globe with my stepmother taking in different sites and trails; he has a new deck to the back of his home that jets out into the wood; he has even climbed a glacier with my brother. Naturally, he also has a slew of bird feeders around his place.  I'm not one to climb a glacier, but I do enjoy watching the feeders from time to time (especially when the squirrels get too close and my father reaches for his BB gun). 

Now, as  I was sitting in his big comfy chair filling my belly with food and my brain with The Real Housewives of New York City, I couldn't help but notice out of the corner of my eye the most insane parade of ravenous spring birds attacking the feeders.  My theory is:  It was probably the snow in April that made their instincts go crazy.  I could have tested this theory, but, I figured I would just start taking fashion shots of all the birds that were catwalking at the feeder.  This whole situation made me think of how anomalous fashion is - showing Fall clothes in the Spring and Spring clothes in the Fall.  I sat there pondering the birds and the methods of fashion, and decided what Fall looks my new Spring friends might be rocking...     

Rag & Bone F/9

Kris Van Assche F/W 9/10

Missoni F/9
 
Maison Martin Margiela F/W 9/10

Burberry Prorsum F/W 9/10

D SQUARED F/9

Armand Basi F/9

Band of Outsiders F/9