20090803

AU NATURALE


DRESS CODE


The first week of August has always been reserved for a family vacation down in Hilton Head, South Carolina. We have been going for as long as I can remember, and it is always a blast. For the past few years I haven't been able to make it down, but this year swore I would make it!

Now, here I am, and man is it taking me back...down memory lane and...to the store. I forgot that there are dress codes! I've been in such a [Los Angeles] style bubble that I forgot that sometimes you have to pop out of it and adjust to propriety. Not that I'm going to be chased out of town, but it would be nice to play a round of golf with my father. In preparation for that round, I need to get a polo shirt! It's been a while since I've looked for one, but after some digging, I think I have found some options that are cool enough to even wear off the links.

Fred Perry

Wings + Bones

PLAY Comme Des Garcons 

Or...if you have time, head over to polo.com and build yourself the ultimate prep staple. There is a huge selection of colors and styles to work with, and how fun is it to get your initials up on that S*?! Man this reminds me of high school, except the best I could do was go to the store and pick the color I wanted out of the available selection. 

*My favorite is when the little polo guy is actually colored like a little guy riding a horse, not just a solid color.