20090518

STYLEPHILE - J.W. ANDERSON


ONCE UPON A TIME...


Through the looking glass and into the woods, across the seas and over the moors. An English professor once told me that any story ever expressed was either 1) "a journey" or 2) "a stranger comes to town." I believe that fairy tales are both, and every good fairy tale should have a prince charming.

I've always adored the classics as viewed through a modern lens. Reapproaching archetypes with an "if they knew then what we know now" attitude can benefit both our understanding of them and ourselves. 

While trying to be a modern prince charming, it helps to look back at atypical princes and heroes. I attempt this with my jewelry line (You Macbeth) and J.W. Anderson does this with his F/W 09/10 collection. It is completely gorgeous, like a fairy tale picture book of what is yet to come. Take a look and see, then become your own P.C.