20090320

STYLEPHILE - COMME DES GARÇONS


THE CLASSIC ZIPAROUND

   


Its nice to have those things that will always look right and work right.  I guess you would call them classics.  I haven't brought too many into my fold, I tend to err on the ephemeral side of things, and I lose things ALL the time, but occasionally I stumble onto something that I find has stuck around longer than I expected,  it's function impeccably integrated.  Ever since I got one from a besties for my birthday a few years back, I have not been able to live without my CDG wallet.  I've lost it twice but it has always (thankfully) made it's way back to me. 

 Once, I swear to God, I went back to a bar at 2 AM to retrieve it only to realize the I had somehow lost my cellphone in the process of finding my wallet - somewhere between my car out front and the bartender I had just been talking to on the phone IN my car.  Ridiculous, I know, but I feel that my cellphone knew how sad I was (since I had been crying into it for 45 minutes)  and changed itself into my wallet (maybe just to shut me up).  Even if not,  I  was still one million times happier having the wallet.   So I called it a night thanking the brave little cellphone for giving its life in exchange for my...where was I... 

They come in a variety of colors and styles, the Ziparounds pictured here are my FAVES, so find the color and pattern that suits you best, then always look like a champ when you pony up to the bar for a round.  I found Show in Los Angeles and Barneys New York to carry the best styles and be the most helpful in ordering what you want if they don't have it in stock.