20100412

LOOKIE-LIEU


EAR BUDS


I only have one tattoo. I thought that was going to change, but it hasn't...yet. The problem is deciding what you want to get done and where and how and by whom and when etc, etc, etc...and that can become a daunting task when you consider that (outside of burning it off you) it is a permanent decision. BUT, that's really part of the fun too.

Finding myself wishy-washy on the inky details but decidedly pro and primed for self-mutilation, I found myself dreaming of the perfect piercing. I had never really thought about getting my ears did, but I found myself lobe focused during conversations. My eyes would wanter to the perimeters of a person's face an I would stop listening as I gazed at their ears wondering if I could pull off a pair of studs...And again the visions came of the pair i NEEDED to have...


So here they are. I had them made for me by the good people at YouMacbeth. Half carat black diamonds set in screw back white gold settings that had been dipped in black rhodium. They only took an afternoon that was casually and happily spent in downtown LA. Now that they actually exist, I had to pony up at Claire's...


I gotta say, I'm quite happy with the end result. It's not quite a tattoo, but it works. A little luxe edge never hurt anyone (thanks to a cautious teen at the mall), and I can always get my next tat when the inspiration comes...