20090914

KITCHEN


S(T)OUP(ID) EASY


It is fun to make easy meals. My last recipe has been keeping me nice and fed through-out the summer, but now that fall is totally keeping me busy in the yard, my appetite has moved on towards heartier fare.

I am a huge fan of comfort food and skinny jeans. Unfortunately, the two don't always go hand-in-hand. Piles of stuffing and mashed potatoes give me "...and when he woke up his pillow was gone" dreams, but unless I'm looking for muffin tops for dessert, I need to get creative. Lucky for me I am.

Substituting cauliflower for potatoes is nothing new, but here is a fun way to make it spicy. Oh, and you get to use a blender...how fitting...


Ingredients

* Cauliflower
* Salt and EVOO
* Mushrooms (I used Shiitake)
* Spices (cinnamon, pepper, curry, lime)
* Milk not shown oops.


Slice the mushrooms, wash them with oil, salt, then roast
...while you...
Steam the cauliflower

THEN

Blend the cauliflower with the dry spices in a bit of milk.
When the desired texture is achieved, throw in the mushrooms for a few seconds.


serve as a puree or keep the mushrooms in bigger pieces for texture. Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the lime.

ENJOY!