20100105

HOME


TAKE A SEAT

I must confess, I DO love Antiques Roadshow. First, it has to be the subtle way cash is involved. They can put it on PBS, but it is still a game show. Second, the stories. Who doesn't enjoy a good Cinderella? I love when some random piece of history, because of some random twist of fate, goes from holding spare nuts and bolts in the basement to causing hysteria among auctioneers and appraisers (an assumed mellower crowd). Finally, sometimes you just see things that are cool that you never would have come across otherwise.

My secret affinity towards the show is now peeping out into my taste for furniture - much to my surprise. Typically a Knoll man, I was kinda confused the first time I looked at a silly little decorative chair and thought, "that's good."

I haven't really come to terms with patterned fabrics on them yet, though oversized geometric shapes could be good - like two or three block colors a - could be good, I'm really feeling the vibrant solids on these old school seats...