20100309

TREND


JyCmSb



The best kinds of creative projects happen organically. They come from a simple spark and manage to grow effortlessly in front of you. Mine literally came from a spark - I wanted to make a special valentine for my friend "Sparky." This led to a really cool capsule jewelry collection at my favorite LA store Atmosphere inspired by natural and semi-precious stones, their gemstone properties & meanings and their astrological relationship to the wearer.

In order to modernize the hippie mumbo-jumbo that can usually result from acute fascinations within this realm of mysticism, I focused on primary colors (jade, jasper, lapis, malachite etc.), geometric shapes, and asymmetry. I'm into the balance and dis-balance of two conflicting ideas making sense on a string...and if they played music, they would sound like the Moody Blues Days of Future Past.