20090401

CURRENT OBSESSION


FANCY FEET

  


  

After I moved to LA, for the longest time I only wore flip-flops. The climate spoiled me and made me lazy.  I became the type of person who could only wear one layer of super soft clothing and couldn't deal with anything like a tight collar or elastic sleeve hems or socks that were tight on my calves.  This made it hard to look dapper when needed.   Lucky for me I didn't have to get dressed up all that often, but as invitations to nicer and nicer things came up,  I eventually grew out of the flip-flop only mentality.  I could wear a button up shirt, I could do a tie, but I still to this day have had a problem with socks!  For the everyday, I can only really manage to wear those little ankle high runner socks (I know - so tacky!)  

Fortunately for me, a friend of mine turned me on to Ozone socks. They are F*ing great!  I have always had a deep love of things that look like other things...Tuxudo T-shirts, those Marc Jacobs Vans that look like wingtips, plates with crack graphics on them...  Now I have socks that are so much fun to wear that I don't care about my ankles looking like ribbed prunes at the end of the night.  I also don't mind when I sit down and my pant hem rises up to show my chicken ankle because if someone is looking, they will have a gun pointed right at them and they will just have to laugh and look the other way.  I know, I know, not the most mature sock, but, hey, at least I'm not wearing flip-flops.  

***The website also offers a design contest for socks!  Some of the winners are pretty great.  Check it out!